In the heart of Los Angeles County, amidst the vibrancy of the Pomona Valley, lies a city that has faced its share of challenges and triumphs. Welcome to Pomona, California, where a tapestry of stories weaves together to create a unique identity. In this opening blog post, we delve into a topic that confronts many communities: the issue of gangs and the efforts made by Pomona to foster a safer, united environment.
- The Rise of Gangs: Like many urban areas across the United States, Pomona has experienced the presence of gangs. Historically, socioeconomic factors, limited opportunities, and other complex circumstances have contributed to the emergence and growth of these groups. It is essential to acknowledge this reality while also highlighting the resilience and determination of the community to address this issue head-on.
- Community Engagement and Empowerment: Pomona stands as a testament to the power of community engagement in addressing gang-related challenges. Various organizations, community leaders, and law enforcement agencies have come together, recognizing the importance of proactive measures to create lasting change. Through education, mentorship programs, outreach initiatives, and collaborative efforts, the city has made significant strides towards reducing gang activity and providing alternative paths for the youth.
- Promoting Youth Development: Investing in the youth is a fundamental pillar of Pomona’s strategy to combat gang influences. The city has implemented a range of initiatives that focus on providing positive outlets for young individuals, such as after-school programs, sports leagues, art workshops, and vocational training. By nurturing their talents, encouraging personal growth, and instilling a sense of belonging, Pomona is nurturing a generation that can rise above the challenges they face.
- Creating Safe Spaces: Pomona recognizes the significance of safe public spaces in fostering a sense of community and deterring gang activity. The city has been revitalizing parks, promoting neighborhood watch programs, and enhancing public safety measures. These efforts not only ensure the physical security of residents but also cultivate a shared responsibility for maintaining a harmonious environment.
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: Pomona is a melting pot of diverse cultures, and embracing this diversity is a powerful tool in building unity. By organizing cultural festivals, events, and community gatherings, the city celebrates its rich heritage, creating opportunities for cross-cultural interactions and fostering mutual understanding. Embracing inclusivity and celebrating the strengths of different communities lays a solid foundation for a harmonious Pomona.
Conclusion: Pomona, California, is a city that refuses to be defined solely by its challenges. It is a community fueled by resilience, determination, and a deep-rooted commitment to creating a brighter future. While the issue of gangs persists, the ongoing efforts to address it reflect the unwavering spirit of Pomona. Through community engagement, youth empowerment, safe spaces, and cultural celebration, this vibrant city paves the way for unity, growth, and a shared sense of pride. Join us on this journey as we unravel the many facets of Pomona, revealing a place of strength, hope, and boundless possibilities.
List of Gangs in Pomona
- Angelo Mafia Crips (AMC)
- East Coast Crips, 200 Blocc
- Ghost Town Crips (GTC)
- Sin Town Crips, (STGC) (aka 357 Gangster Crips)
- South Side Village Crips (SSVC)
- Sherry Plaza 400 Blocc Crip (400BC)
- West Side Mafia Crips (WSMC)
- Necc-Land Gangster Crips (NLGC)
- The Neccland Crips, also known as the Neccland Gangster Crips (NGC), due to their affiliation with Gangster crips (3x) AKA Movin Gang (Trays). The Pomona Neccland Crips y are primarily, but n toot exclusively, an African-American criminal Street gang located on the Eastside of Pomona, California.
- Montclair Gangster Crips (MGC) also known as “Pradera Blocc Gangsta Crip” they’re a Montclair Gang but since they claim the “Gangsta 3x” Card they don’t claim IE. They claim Gangsta
- N/S 456 Island Piru Bloods
- W/S 456 Barjud Piru Bloods
- West Side Pomona (WSP)
- Pomona 12th Street Sharkies
- Cherrie Ville Pomona (CVP)
- Happy Town Pomona (HTP)
- Eastside Pomona Ghetto Family (ESPGF)
- Northside Pomona
- Southside Pomona
- Pomona Sur Olive
- Pomona Sur Lokotes